Thursday, December 20, 2007

DevelopingTeachers.com

Some months ago I signed up to receive teaching tips from a site called developingteachers.com. Unfortunately, I was so preoccupied by other things, I never really read them. This week however, they sent me a gem of a teaching idea that I think I will use a lot in the future. If you are a language teacher, this is a good site to visit and will give you other ideas than the ones you're probably already using from onestopenglish.com or the not very good englishtogo.com.

Anyway, this week's tip was about using the latest trend of making lists of everything, like Amazon's listmania. This can be an interesting variation on the usual ranking exercises - students have to agree on a list of the world's most important inventions or the greatest citizens of whatever country they come from. If you have a list like this from a magazine, students can agree or disagree with the choices given, and suggest alternatives.

It's a great idea, so pop along to developingteachers.com and subscribe to the newsletter, it won't be the worst teaching information you get in your inbox every week.

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

I think a very good complement to this kind of sites is to practise with a real teacher like in Linkua, live language tutoring. Classes are done via videoconference